09 November 2009

Let There Be Light.



"It's better to light a candle than curse the darkness".
Eleanor Roosevelt
*

As I stood moving our clocks back an hour one week ago, I couldn't help but think of light.  Here in New England, the skies now begin their decent into darkness around four.  The hens make their way inside to their warm and cozy roost. We follow their lead and head inside too, stoke our fires, turn on a light and ready for the long evening ahead.  It's not such a bad thing really, but it does take awhile to get used to. 

So, here are a few lights, not candles as our dear Eleanor suggests, (although those are good too!) that I have found over the years that I quite like.  Some are quite expensive and will never find their way into our home but I like looking at them nonetheless. 



A fluted, metal lamp which comes in many wonderful colors.






A little ceramic light by Danish artist Yvonne Berg.



A handmade filigree sphere.





A Poul Henningsen light designed in 1958.






And, one of my favorites 
in a beautiful cherry red.




A  simple light bulb and it's colorful cord companion.



And for the little ones, a rabbit night light from Germany.


Sleep tight.

*     *     *







1 comment:

  1. For the little ones? I think not! I want that rabbit light!

    ReplyDelete

I read and cherish all of your comments! It really feels like such an honor that you stopped by this little space of mine. Thank you so much! Cheers!
a

Related Posts with Thumbnails