The chipmunks and squirrels have been very busy around our home and they have been leaving behind the most lovely broken nut shells, perfect for making these little sail boats. They are simple and fun to make and really do float so nicely along the cool water.
y o u w i l l n e e d : :
one half of a nut
a tooth pick
some pretty paper
a pair of scissors
a candle and a match.
* * * * *
1. First, cut the paper in the shape of a sail (a little triangle)
2. Put a bit of glue on one side of the tooth pick (the length of the sail) and press the paper onto it gently
3. Depending on the size of the nut you are using trim off a bit of the tooth pick so the sail is not too tall!
4. Now light your candle and by tilting it slightly let some of the wax drop into the nut shell. Fill it up as much as possible so the tooth pick will have a lot of support
5. Let the wax cool slightly and when it has set a bit push the tooth pick into it to create the finished sail.
And there you have it! Happy sailing!