The other day we brought home some lovely cobs of corn from a local farm. The iridescent kernels look like the shimmering scales of a mermaids tail and never cease to amaze me. I thought it would be nice to string them into a fall harvest necklace. Maybe you would like to make one too!
1. Find some lovely corn (even all yellow kernels would be beautiful too!)
2. Take off the individual kernels. This part is fun for little hands!
3. Soak the kernels in warm water for a few hours until they are soft enough to push a needle through.
4. Thread a needle and start stringing the corn. The white part of the kernel is usually the easiest part to push the needle through.
5. When you reach the desired length tie the two ends together and there you have it!
Oh...and the husks can be soaked in warm water too and made into a corn husk doll!